Mitch Moreland’s baseball ability is like a holiday party grab bag: you could get something great or something awful but either way you’re anxious to reach in an pull something out. In 2015, Moreland batted .278. 2016 saw a dip to .233. The 31-year old isn’t exactly known for consistency. So what kind of player will Boston draw in 2017? Hopefully not tube socks.
Here’s what else is going on around the American League East:
- Christian Vazquez has the potential to be a key part of Boston’s lineup—he just needs to make his bat a contender as well.
- Here’s a look at the Ray’s offense against left handed pitchers.
- What would a team entirely made up of former Blue Jays look like?
- Remember that trifecta of a trade that involved a potential return of David Robertson? Yeah. It’s probably not going to happen. Sorry.
- How will Trey Mancini contribute to the 2017 Orioles?
- There are several targets out there that the Blue Jays should consider. Brandon Nimmo and Curtis Granderson are two of them.
- The Red Sox have shown interest in Trevor Plouffe.
- Yes, Orioles fans hate Jose Bautista, so the club acquiring him seems a little ridiculous. But what if, you guys? For the right price, money can talk louder than the voice of reason.
The Yankees should consider bringing O’Brien back and yes this is a serious point.