The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the National League Central.
- The Braves are targeting Orioles catcher Matt Wieters.
- The Yankees are totally, maybe, probably, hopefully, not exactly, working on a Quintana trade. Potentially.
- Let’s find a short term home for Jose Bautista, shall we?
- The Red Sox are interested in Trevor Plouffe, because nothing is sacred to the Twins.
- Here’s what one can expect out of Edwin Encarnacion come his move to Cleveland.
- This Northwestern running back got to see Derek Jeter’s old urinal, thus living all of our dreams.
- Speaking of the strange blend of baseball and football that bowl games bring us, how do the field fit inside baseball stadiums? Nature is beautiful.
- Is there hope for a Lindor contract extension?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On December 29th, the Mets and Jason Bay agree to a four-year deal for approximately $66 million.