Arizona is seeking bullpen help and is interested in Brad Ziegler and Daniel Hudson, according to Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic.
Both Ziegler and Hudson have pitched for the Diamondbacks in the past and both are durable right-handed relief options.
Ziegler, 37, pitched to a 2.25 ERA and 3.10 FIP over 68.0 combined innings between the Red Sox and Diamondbacks last season.
Hudson pitched to a 5.22 ERA and 3.81 FIP over 60.1 innings with the Diamondbacks.
Here’s more from around the National League West:
- It seems the Dodgers could end up with a 2017 payroll that’s close to $235 million, which is significant given the new CBA changes.
- The Giants are likely interested in Andrew McCutchen, too, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.
- Tyson Ross wasn’t tendered a new contract and as a result becomes one of the better free agent pitcher names to watch.
- Stephen Drew would likely prove to be an ideal addition to Colorado’s bench.
- The Diamondbacks signed veteran catcher to a two-year deal Friday night.