Los Angeles will designate veteran infielder Brendan Ryan for assignment, according to Pedro Moura of The Los Angeles Times.
The Angels will designate SS Brendan Ryan for assignment tomorrow.— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) May 28, 2016
Washington signed Ryan to a minor league deal in February but joined the Angels in a trade. Ryan only collected 12 at-bats and did not reach based in any of those opportunities.
The Angels had a need for shortstop depth after Andrelton Simmons and Cliff Pennington were placed on the disabled list.
In the corresponding roster move, the Angels activated Pennington from the DL.
More from around the AL West:
- Rougned Odor had his suspension reduced to seven games, which left the Rangers short-handed for a game less than they expected.
- Jerry DiPoto's 2012 draft class was actually one of his better ones. It wasn't that bad.
- Houston's Class-A minor league affiliate scored 29 runs Friday.
- Oakland activated Josh Phegley from the disabled list and optioned Matt McBride to Triple-A in the corresponding move.
- Stefen Romero is getting an opportunity with the Mariners with Leonys Martin on the disabled list.