Reds starter Alfredo Simon was tossed from Saturday's win over the Brewers for hitting Milwaukee starter Chase Anderson with a pitch.
In the previous inning, Anderson hit Simon with a pitch, which enabled Tyler Holt to steal home.
Anderson said he did not pluck Simon intentionally, according to ESPN.
Simon reportedly didn't comment when asked if he hit Anderson on purpose.
Regardless, a five-run seventh inning lifted the Reds over the Brewers.
More from around the NL Central:
- The Pirates reinstated Tony Watson from the disabled list and promoted Cole Tucker in the corresponding roster move.
- The Cubs' 4:05 contest on Monday could prove to be an indication of changes in future game schedules.
- Milwaukee lefty Chris Capuano is headed to the disabled list with shoulder inflammation.
- It's not too soon to think the Cardinals could consider selling before the non-waiver trade deadline.
- A.J. Puk could be Cincinnati's next great left-handed arm if he is selected by the Reds in the draft.
- St. Louis designated Ruben Tejada for assignment Saturday afternoon.