Kansas City is seeking depth in the back-end of its rotation and could consider signing Doug Fister, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
Cafardo notes Fister could be the next free agent starter to sign, though his market has seemed to develop slowly.
Fister, 32, struggled with the Astros last season, posting a 4.64 ERA and 4.75 FIP over 180.1 innings.
Here’s the latest from around the American League Central:
- Carlos Carrasco wasn’t dominant with the Indians last season, but that could change quickly entering 2017.
- The Tigers decided to sign Alex Avila, who could be used in a platoon role behind the plate next season.
- The White Sox could trade Jose Quintana and David Robertson in the same deal, but given the expected return, that doesn’t seem likely.
- Minnesota still might not trade Brian Dozier, but nonetheless, the front office is asking for teams’ final offers.
- It’s been a relatively quiet offseason for the Royals, which is surprising given their activity the last few winters.