The Tampa Bay Rays have reached agreement with free agent outfielder, Colby Rasmus. Huzzah, the outfielder they have searched far and wide for! The 30-year old slashed a less than impressive .206/.286/.355 in Houston last year, but hey, maybe a change of scenery will get his offensive power flowing once more. He’ll likely be getting somewhere in the $5M range, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
Here’s what else is going down in the American League East:
- The Yankees aren’t likely to add another pitcher before spring training starts, so sorry to everyone who was really pulling for a Quintana deal.
- Get ready Red Sox fans because next season is set to be the year of Matt Barnes.
- Come out, come out where ever you are, decent starting pitchers. The Orioles are looking for you.
- The Blue Jays have resigned Gavin Floyd to a minor league deal because any news is good news at this point.
- Even with the reacquisition of Chapman, they Yankees bullpen still needs some help in the middle relief department.
- Remember last time the Red Sox farm system was weak? Well, if the therapy was a success then you probably don’t. Here’s a refresher.
- Apparently, Baltimore fans don’t really hate Jose Bautista, because Dan Duquette thinks he can somehow make this situation better.
- Is there a feud brewing between two young Blue Jays? Someone scream “food fight” to resolve this, please.
- The Rays aren’t going to sign a veteran reliever.
- CC Sabathia is still very vital to the Yankees rotation—fingers crossed for 2017.
- What will the beginning of next season look like for young Boston pitching prospect, Eduardo Rodriguez?
- The Orioles could be pursuing lower cost, short-term options rather than Mark Trumbo. That stings a little.
- Feel free to dump all of your thoughts on the Blue Jays front office and big wigs here, and really, don’t hold back.
- Let’s all cross our fingers for these Tampa Bay contract extensions coming in the near future.