The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Grab a chair and scoot up close because the stove is beginning to warm once more.
Here’s a roundup of all the news happening around the American League Central.
- The Braves and Royals are interested in free agent Aaron Hill.
- Tampa Bay and Colby Rasmus have agreed to a deal.
- Brandon Phillips blocked a trade to the Braves. Maybe he thought they were insulting his age.
- The Pirates and Jordy Mercer have been having extension talks.
- A very sneaky, very quiet trade was made over the weekend at the hands of the Mariners. Also, why?
- Oakland’s rookies have a known winning streak, so will this success follow them to the next level?
- Atlanta has now emerged from the shadows to compete in the Dozier Ring.
- The Padres are on the lookout for cheap arms, because who isn’t at this point?
- Is Dansby Swanson officially ready for the big leagues?
- Manny Ramirez signed with an indie Japanese team because bless his heart and hustle.
- The Yankees are reportedly interested in signing Jason Hammel, which is a new one.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 10th, 2006, the Red Sox sign free-agent J.T. Snow to a one-year, $2 million contract.