With the time ticking down before spring training, it’s time to make moves. Jay Bruce is likely to be traded soon, igniting the stove in Queens. Rumors have swirled around a deal involving a package of Bruce and Curtis Granderson, but the lefty right fielder is the player the Mets would prefer to part with. The question now is, what will New York seek in return?
Here’s what else is going down in the National League East.
- Will the Nationals find a decent enough closer before opening day? Survey says...
- Fish Stripes has named Tom Koehler #52 on their list of all-time top 100 Marlins.
- The Braves could be bringing back Jeff Francoeur, making all of your wildest dreams come true.
- The Phillies are extending their protective netting in Citizen’s Bank Park because they care about your safety more than your obstructed view.
- C’mon everyone, we’re going on a journey to find the Mets a relief pitcher!
- Washington young gun Matt Grace had a breakout 2015 on the mound, but wasn’t a key player in 2016. Is he the missing piece the Nationals’ bullpen needs?
- Miami is unlikely to trade Jose Urena, so take that haters.
- Let’s take a trip back in time for a second to remember Roger McDowell’s reign in Atlanta.
- A.J. Ellis had a legendary run with the Phillies that no one should forget.
- In case you were crossing your fingers for the Mets to find a new catcher this offseason, we have some disappointing news for you.
- The Nationals have hired De Jon Watson as Special Assistant to general manager and fan favorite, Mike Rizzo.
- With Urena still on the roster, could Hunter Cervenka battle his way to a spot in the lineup?
- The Braves have expressed interest in Trevor Plouffe, because why not.
- Have the Phillies top targets lived up to expectations?