The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans and happy hump day!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on around the American League East.
- Mark Trumbo probably won’t be wearing an Orioles jersey next season. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
- Tampa Bay and Colby Rasmus have agreed to a deal.
- We’re scrapping the bottom of the barrel now as far as free agents go. Here’s the best of what’s left, like the second type of stuffing at Thanksgiving that totally wouldn’t be your first choice but it will do.
- The Pirates and Jordy Mercer have been having extension talks.
- A very sneaky, very quiet trade was made over the weekend at the hands of the Mariners. Also, why?
- Oakland’s rookies have a known winning streak, so will this success follow them to the next level?
- Think your team is the most tortured franchise in baseball?
- The Padres are on the lookout for cheap arms, because who isn’t at this point?
- Is Dansby Swanson officially ready for the big leagues?
- Manny Ramirez signed with an indie Japanese team because bless his heart and hustle.
- Is anyone actually sure of what the Royals are doing?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 11th, 2001, David Cone agrees to a one-year contract with the Red Sox.