The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans! The stove is piping!
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the National League East.
- Mark Trumbo probably won’t be wearing an Orioles jersey next season. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
- Athletics sign Santiago Casilla 2-year, $11 million deal.
- We’re scrapping the bottom of the barrel now as far as free agents go. Here’s the best of what’s left, like the second type of stuffing at Thanksgiving that totally wouldn’t be your first choice but it will do.
- The Mariners acquire Drew Smyly via a trade with the Rays.
- The Mariners felt the stove was getting a little too chilly and took it upon themselves to light it up with a massive four player deal.
- These are the biggest remaining needs around the league this offseason.
- Think your team is the most tortured franchise in baseball?
- The Padres are on the lookout for cheap arms, because who isn’t at this point?
- Pablo Sandoval has taken “New Year, New Me” to a whole new level.
- Manny Ramirez signed with an indie Japanese team because bless his heart and hustle.
- Is anyone actually sure of what the Royals are doing?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 12th, 1981, Gaylord Perry signs a one-year contract with Atlanta, valued at $300,000.