The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on around the American League West.
- Mark Trumbo probably won’t be wearing an Orioles jersey next season. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
- Could this be the future of Tommy John surgery?
- Athletics sign Santiago Casilla 2-year, $11 million deal.
- The Angels are interested in Matt Wieters.
- We’re scrapping the bottom of the barrel now as far as free agents go. Here’s the best of what’s left, like the second type of stuffing at Thanksgiving that totally wouldn’t be your first choice but it will do.
- Trevor Plouffe comes with as many pros as he does cons.
- The new Los Angeles Chargers are getting roasted on Twitter and we can’t look away.
- The Mariners acquire Drew Smyly via a trade with the Rays.
- The Mariners felt the stove was getting a little too chilly and took it upon themselves to light it up with a massive four player deal.
- Pablo Sandoval has taken “New Year, New Me” to a whole new level.
- These are the biggest remaining needs around the league this offseason.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 13th, 2009, Brewers announce their $6 million, one-year deal with free-agent reliever Trevor Hoffman.