The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- Milwaukee is close to signing free agent Neftali Feliz, who has saved 99 games in his career.
- The Braves acquired Micah Johnson from the Dodgers in exchange for cash or a player to be named later.
- It seems the Tigers are hoping the payroll for 2017 decreases, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- Ryan Dempster is set to pitch for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic.
- Apparently Michael Saunders is interested in remaining with the Blue Jays.
- Baltimore’s offer to Mark Trumbo was over three years and worth $40 million, according to Peter Gammons.
- Anthony Bass wants to be a starter next season, but regardless, the Tigers remain an option, per MLB.com’s Jason Beck.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2009, Derek Lowe signed a four-year, $60 million deal with the Braves.