Rays claim corner outfielder Jason Coats off of waivers. Coats was dumped by the White Sox, who needed the extra roster spot for Willy Garcia.
Here’s what else is going on in the American League East:
- Here’s a tracker of all the Red Sox players currently dealing with arbitration.
- Bluebird Banter took the time to sit down with top Jays top prospect, Ryan McBroom, and got some pretty cool behind the scenes insight.
- If you’re waiting for the Rays to be better against left handed pitchers...well, there’s always 2018.
- The Orioles have settled with Machado, Britton, and Tillaman. Everyone else? They’ll be heading to arbitration hearings.
- New York has one roster spot left and it’ll go to either Austin or Refsnyder. It’s like the Hunger Games but with a lot of money and less cool uniforms.
- How will the young Red Sox come into their own?
- Can Aaron Sanchez survive in the big leagues as a pitcher who gets a lot of ground balls?
- Mark Trumbo’s asking price has come down, but is it low enough for Baltimore to bite?
- The Yankees are running out of time to trade Brett Gardner and you can feel all of New York beginning to panic.
- Now that the Red Sox have Sale, is their competition in the AL East now less than...well, competitive?
- Marcus Stroman and the Blue Jays have filed their arbitration numbers.
- Tampa Bay is coming into the 2017 season with a new lefty in tow. Get to meet Ryan Yarbrough.
- Is Oliver Drake going to be Baltimore’s crutch next season?
- Should the Yankees extend Didi Gregorius?