The Brewers are close to polishing off a deal with closer Neftali Feliz. Per multiple reports, the contract looks to be around one-year, $6M. Feliz has battled the last few seasons feeling the after affects of his Tommy John surgery from 2013. The 28-year old spent last year in the Pirates bullpen.
Here’s what else is happening around the National League Central:
- These are your top five Cubs prospects to look forward to watching next season.
- The Cardinals outfield depth could be...better. Like much, much, better.
- Cozart has settled his salary grievances and now the Reds have avoided going to arbitration hearings four times. I wish I could avoid my problems that gracefully.
- The Pirates are avoiding arbitration with Jordy Mercer, so that’s a little nugget of good news for your morning.
- The Brewers and Chase Anderson still have a decent sized gap in their arbitration figures.
- The World Champion Chicago Cubs visited the White House and here are all the heartwarming pictures.
- The Cardinals will head to an arbitration hearing with Carlos Martinez.
- Cincinnati is interested in pitcher Greg Holland.
- How will Joey Votto make it to the Hall of Fame, if he gets to that path?
- Despite having troubles with Anderson, Milwaukee has avoided hearings with Wily Peralta and Carlos Torres.
- Here are all the juicy statistical projections for what the 2017 Cardinals could potentially look like.
- The Pirates have an addiction drafting “prep pitchers”.
- David Ross has been named a Cubs Special Assistant because why would anyone want to spend less time with Grandpa Ross.