The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the American League East.
- Milwaukee is close to signing free agent Neftali Feliz, who has saved 99 games in his career.
- The Blue Jays are encroaching on a deal with Jose Bautista, because apparently we’ve all been holding our breath for nothing.
- The Padres have signed Wil Myers to a massive six-year extension...and I can’t even commit to a cereal brand.
- Michael Saunders has signed a one-year, $9M deal with the Phillies.
- Finally, an MLB player I can relate to. Why doesn’t anyone want Chris Carter?
- Ryan Dempster is set to pitch for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic, which would be very exciting if this was like six years ago.
- The Mariners have done the most this offseason...no really, they’re taking “extra” to a whole new level.
- Kansas City has signed Danny Duffy to a 5-year, $65M deal.
- Jorge Posada should be in the Hall of Fame, thank you come again.
- The Tigers should stop twiddling their thumbs during this offseason and do the damn thing already.
- Anthony Bass wants to be a starter next season, but regardless, the Tigers remain an option, but keep shooting for the moon buddy.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 17th, 1970, Willie Mays is named as the Player of the Decade by Sporting News.