The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Happy Hump Day, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the National League Central.
- Milwaukee is close to signing free agent Neftali Feliz, who has saved 99 games in his career.
- The Blue Jays and Bautista have kissed and made up blah blah blah he signed a one-year contract, honestly if you are shocked please stand up (please stand up, please stand up).
- The Padres have signed Wil Myers to a massive six-year extension...and I can’t even commit to a cereal brand.
- Michael Saunders has signed a one-year, $9M deal with the Phillies.
- The Diamondbacks signed Gregor Blanco to a minor league deal because NOSTALGIA.
- Ryan Dempster is set to pitch for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic, which would be very exciting if this was like six years ago.
- The Mariners have done the most this offseason...no really, they’re taking “extra” to a whole new level.
- Kansas City has signed Danny Duffy to a 5-year, $65M deal.
- Speaking of fuzzy feelings of yesteryear, Josh Hamilton and Dillon Gee have signed minor league contracts with the Rangers.
- The Tigers should stop twiddling their thumbs during this offseason and do the damn thing already.
- Apparently nobody likes Mike Mussina or Curt Schilling and I’m going to try to get past the irony on this one.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 18th, 1969, Ted Williams becomes the manager of the Senators, signing a five-year deal for a salary of $75,000 per season.