Trevor Cahill has agreed to a deal with the Padres. The veteran has signed a one-year, $1.75M contract with San Diego, thus causing the need for a spot to be cleared on the team’s 40-man. He reportedly turned down offers from the Blue Jays, the Cardinals, and a handful of other teams.
Here’s what else is going on in the National League West.
- These are the top-10 Giants prospects according to Baseball America.
- Who should the Diamondbacks fourth outfielder be?
- Clayton Kershaw is the absolute master of the WHIP, case closed.
- Barry Bonds wasn’t elected to the Hall of Fame this year, but his chances of being in next year’s class are pretty high.
- German Marquez is determined to secure a rotation spot in the upcoming season.
- Trevor Hoffman got a pretty hard snub too, being only five votes shy, so next year is going to be a darn good year for him (hopefully). Because anyone can have the most saves in baseball history, amiright?
- The Dodgers trade Micah Johnson to the Braves for a player to be named later or cash.
- The Diamondbacks sign Gregor Blanco to a minor league deal.
- The Wil Myers six-year extension is official, so yay!
- Will signing Chris Iannetta cause a drastic change in Arizona’s catching situation?
- Nolan Arenado has signed a two-year, $29.5M deal with the Rockies.
- Where will the Dodgers pick in the 2017 draft?