The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of everything happening in the American League West.
- The Angels sign Kole Calhoun to a 3-year, $26M extension because they’re in vogue right now.
- The Blue Jays and Bautista have kissed and made up blah blah blah he signed a one-year contract, honestly if you are shocked please stand up (please stand up, please stand up).
- The Tigers acquire Mikie Mahtook from the Rays.
- Brandon Guyer has inked a two year extension to stay in Cleveland.
- The Diamondbacks signed Gregor Blanco to a minor league deal because NOSTALGIA.
- Ryan Dempster is set to pitch for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic, which would be very exciting if this was like six years ago.
- The Mariners have done the most this offseason...no really, they’re taking “extra” to a whole new level.
- MLB higher ups are way too smart to sign Mark Trumbo. Can I get a TrumNO?
- Speaking of fuzzy feelings of yesteryear, Josh Hamilton and Dillon Gee have signed minor league contracts with the Rangers.
- YOUR 2017 HALL OF FAME CLASS IS HERE AND WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT IT NEEDS CAPS.
- Apparently nobody likes Mike Mussina or Curt Schilling and I’m going to try to get past the irony on this one.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 19th, Jonathan Papelbon inks a deal with the Red Sox for $9.35M, one-year contract to continue to be the team's closer.