The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and Happy New Year, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the American League Central.
- Need a good resolution for 2017? Maybe borrow one from your favorite Major League Baseball team (like that whole not cheating thing).
- The Rangers are having casual extension talks with Yu Darvish and Jonathan Lucroy, casually.
- Jose Bautista is in active discussions with the Blue Jays, so Toronto fans rejoice.
- These are the most forgotten baseball stories of 2016 because hey we forgot them too and literally just remembered so we wrote an article.
- Can someone just make a decision on Brian Dozier please.
- Are the Braves heading for another rebuild?
- Is there hope for a Lindor contract extension?
- Mike Napoli could be reuniting with the Texas Rangers.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 2nd, 1996, the Red Sox sign free-agent pitcher Jamie Moyer.