It’s happened. Mark Trumbo has signed a deal with the Orioles for three-years, $37M. Dingers! Dingers for all!
Here’s what else is happening in the American League East:
- Andrew Benintendi changed his uniform number, just in case you were about to order a sick jersey.
- Welcome back to Toronto, Jose Bautista.
- The Rays have traded off Mikie Mahtook to Detroit for either a player to be named later or cash.
- The Orioles don’t even have room on their roster for a Rule 5 draft pick.
- Starlin Castro is open to playing third base for the Yankees, so hey, progress?
- Can Heath Hembree continue to be a Swiss army knife in the Red Sox bullpen?
- Tampa Bay has conditioned their pitchers to turn one pitch into multiple versions.
- So...what’s the best case scenario for the Yankees in 2017? Because this could all go wrong very quickly.
- Who would you elect into the Blue Jays Hall of Fame?
- Keith Law ranked Boston’s farm system 16th in the league, which has shocked relatively no one.
- Hot take: Jorge Posada deserved a better Hall of Fame ballot.
- What should a Chris Tillman contract extension look like?