The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and happy Friday baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the National League Central.
- The Angels sign Kole Calhoun to a 3-year, $26M extension because they’re in vogue right now.
- The Orioles and Mark Trumbo have FINALLY agreed to a deal because dingers are everything.
- The Tigers acquire Mikie Mahtook from the Rays.
- Brandon Guyer has inked a two year extension to stay in Cleveland.
- The Diamondbacks signed Gregor Blanco to a minor league deal because NOSTALGIA.
- The Brewers have signed Neftali Feliz to a 1-year deal.
- Houston is still on the prowl for a starter, like everyone else is Major League Baseball.
- Speaking of fuzzy feelings of yesteryear, Josh Hamilton and Dillon Gee have signed minor league contracts with the Rangers.
- YOUR 2017 HALL OF FAME CLASS IS HERE AND WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT IT NEEDS CAPS.
- Pudge getting the Cooperstown call is so raw and emotional and we’re not crying you’re crying.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 20th, 1966, Ted Williams is voted to be elected into the Hall of Fame.