The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
- The Dodgers are conducting a fairly comprehensive search for their next second baseman and are interested in Jurickson Profar.
- Chicago signed Jim Henderson to a minor league deal, and he will compete for a bullpen spot with few available.
- The Brewers added another bullpen arm, signing Joba Chamberlain to a minor league contract.
- Oakland signed veteran outfielder Alejandro De Aza to a minor league deal, but he should have a good chance of earning a roster spot.
- Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the American League East.
- The Angels signed Luis Valbuena to a two-year deal that includes an option for a third season.
- Earlier this week, the Reds acquired three notable prospects in the Dan Straily trade with the Marlins.
- It seems Yankees infielder Starlin Castro is open to playing third base.
- Danny Duffy made it clear he really didn’t want to leave Kansas City.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, Yadier Molina agreed to a four-year deal with the Cardinals.