The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Happy Hump Day baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the American League Central.
- The Dodgers acquire Logan Forsythe from the Rays in exchange for Jose De Leon.
- LHP Brett Anderson inks a one-year, $3.5M deal with the Cubs pending a physical.
- The Blue Jays signed Jarrod Saltalamacchia to a minor-league deal.
- David Ross is the ultimate dad.
- Luis Valbuena has inked a 2-year, $15M deal with the Angels.
- The Padres are sinking and sadly we don’t know if there’s a good exit strategy at this point.
- The Red Sox are closing in on a deal with Drew Pomeranz, who is arbitration eligible.
- The Giants have signed Nick Hundley to a one-year, $2M deal.
- Greg Holland is drawing interest from both the Rockies and Nationals, which is quite the interesting combination this offseason.
- The Rangers are only interested in Mike Napoli for a one-year contract, so maybe that party is going to be demoted to “book club at Napoli’s”.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 25th, 1999, the Oakland A's sign former Yankee free-agent outfielder Tim Raines for $600,000. Fast forward to 2017 and BAM, Hall of Famer.