The Blue Jays have signed Jarrod Saltalamacchia to a minor-league deal. If the veteran catcher makes it to the majors, he’ll make $1.25M with some extra pocket change in incentives. He’ll serve as Russell Wilson’s back up catcher, and with a record of poor pitch framing, no one really hopes it gets to that point.
This is what else is going down in the American League East:
- Here are all the juicy details you need to know about the Tampa Bay Rays fan fest.
- Aaron Sanchez is on this year’s cover of MLB: The Show and it’s pretty exciting.
- Baltimore re-signing Trumbo has downsides, yes, but it comes with twice the amount of upsides.
- Here’s an update on the Drew Pomeranz and Fernando Abad situation with Boston.
- What should the Yankees 2017 lineup look like?
- Let’s welcome top pitching prospect Jose De Leon to the Rays family. Here’s what you should know about him before he takes the mound.
- Is it possible that Matt Wieters could still head back to the Orioles?
- Rafael Devers has been named the top third baseman prospect in the league, so rejoice Red Sox fans who are trusting the process.
- Tanaka could be better than ever next season, making the AL East even more of a rollercoaster of excitement.
- Blake Snell has all the tools needed for a breakout 2017.
- Keith Law ranked the Blue Jays the 21st best farm system in the league, so I guess slightly above average isn’t the worst thing in the world.
- What are the best Orioles home games over the past five season?
- Can Craig Kimbrel get his control together before next season?
- Didi Gregorius will play for the Netherlands in this year’s World Baseball Classic.