The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
TGIF, baseball fans! If you’re holding your breath for news on your favorite veteran, get ready to exhale because it’s that special time of the offseason.
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the American League East.
- The Dodgers acquire Logan Forsythe from the Rays in exchange for Jose De Leon.
- LHP Brett Anderson inks a one-year, $3.5M deal with the Cubs pending a physical.
- Austin Jackson has signed a minor-league deal with Cleveland, because it’s that time of the year when nearly every veteran free agents signs a minor league contract.
- Both the Rangers and Rays are in hot pursuit of Chris Carter and we can’t blame them.
- Brandon Morrow has signed a deal with the Dodgers for a nice little minor league contract.
- Looks like Jay Bruce will be staying on the Mets after all, so do with that what you will New York fans.
- Phillies sign Ryan Hanigan to, YOU GUESSED IT FOLKS, a minor-league deal. Shocking.
- The Giants have signed Nick Hundley to a one-year, $2M deal.
- The Mets are on the hunt for a closer, and because I procrastinate a lot too I can relate to this on a spiritual level.
- The Rockies have signed Greg Holland to a one-year, $7M deal.
- Stephen Drew has re-signed with the Nationals to the tune of a one-year, $3.5M deal.
- The Athletics signed Adam Rosales to a $1.25M, one-year contract.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 27th, 2009, 1997, Jose Canseco returns to Oakland when Boston trades the slugger to the A's for pitcher John Wasdin and cash.