The Pirates have designated Willy Garcia for assignment. The outfielder was a casually of making space available for the recently re-signed Ivan Nova. Although Garcia showed a lot of promise in the minors during 2015, his 2016 season was less than enthralling. The righty slashed just .245/.293/.366 in AAA Indianapolis. He was left out of the September call ups for the Buccos.
Here’s what else is happening in the National League Central:
- Travis Shaw is set to have a much more productive year in Milwaukee than he did in Boston.
- Here are the five worst managers in Chicago Cubs history (your opinion on Joe Maddon is optional).
- While we’re on that topic, here are the ten best managers in Cubs history, and once again, do with Joe Maddon what you may.
- Starling Marte had a super weird 2016 season. So...what’s next for him?
- Prospects are the lifeblood of any organization. Check out these Cardinal prospects you may want to keep tabs on in 2017.
- These are the top ten Brewers pitching performances of 2016, just in case you need some cheering up in this baseball-less void.
- Anthony DeSclafani to the Reds is Jose Quintana to Chicago. And just as valuable. Buy low, sell high, am I right?
- Trevor Rosenthal is back from the DL and not better than ever but hey he’s still pretty dang good.
- Should the Pirates jump in on the Brian Dozier rodeo?
- Here’s the latest update of what’s going on with the Wrigley Field construction.
- Read these exciting Cardinals highlights because it was a rough year and we want you to take some solace from your team.
- A new year is a great time to take attendance of everything we have, but also what we’ve lost. Brew Crew Ball has honored all the Brewers we lost last year.
- Winter blues hitting you hard? Look forward to the future—literally—and check out the top prospects for the 2017 MLB draft.