The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on around the National League West.
- Need a good resolution for 2017? Maybe borrow one from your favorite Major League Baseball team (like that whole not cheating thing).
- Let’s get excited about the year Oakland is going to (hopefully) have!
- The Rangers are having casual extension talks with Yu Darvish and Jonathan Lucroy, casually.
- Baltimore is considering Pedro Alvarez.
- Jose Bautista is in active discussions with the Blue Jays, so Toronto fans rejoice.
- The 2016-2017 offseason hasn’t been the most exciting one we’ve seen. Here’s whose winning, whose losing, and those burning questions that no one can seem to answer.
- Can someone just make a decision on Brian Dozier please.
- Are the Braves heading for another rebuild?
- If your favorite team is looking for a catcher, feel free to direct them to this Target bargain bin of guys who can kinda sorta play behind the plate.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 3rd, 2013, the Indians announce the team has signed free-agent Nick Swisher to a four-year deal. Sometimes I cry when I remember he’s no longer a Yankee, but that’s a different therapy session.