The Dodgers have parted ways with Carlos Frias, sending him to Cleveland in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations. To make room on the 40-man, Frias was designated for assignment last week. The 27-year old made one major league appearance for Los Angeles, pitching four scoreless innings before heading to the DL for a strained right oblique.
Here’s what else is going down in the National League West:
- ZiPS really, really like where the Rockies are heading.
- Was signing Randy Johnson the best free-agent move the Diamondbacks, or anyone, has made in baseball history?
- The Giants are on a quest for more left-handed bullpen depth.
- The Padres must be getting advice from the Yankees because their promotional schedule for next season is pretty awful.
- Here’s a closer look at the pros, cons, and results of the Greg Holland deal.
- Could 2017 be the year the Diamondbacks finally get their ace?
- What role will Jae-Guyn Hwang play for the Giants this upcoming season?
- Former Padres reliever Brandon Morrow has signed with the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers have brought in Ike Davis for reinforcements...yeah, let’s go with that.
- Colorado shortstop Trevor Story is mentoring prospect Brendan Rodgers in a heartwarming tale that would also make an excellent movie.
- In case you need a place to channel some unfettered anger, here are the five worst mistakes made in the Diamondbacks’ Tony La Russa era.
- If you had to make the ultimate Giants team using players from the past 25 years, what would you do?
- Randy Jones is beating throat cancer.
- Here are all the highlights you need from Dodgers Fan Fest.