The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of everything going down in the American League West.
- The Twins and Justin Morneau could be heading for a reunion.
- How would the free agents stars of yesteryear fair in today’s market?
- The Blue Jays have signed Lucas Harrell to a minor-league deal.
- We’re going to see a Tigers rebuild soon...eventually...maybe speed that up a bit, guys?
- The Royals sign Brandon Moss to a two-year deal.
- Greg Holland has officially signed a one-year deal with the Rockies.
- Kansas City has become even more interested in free agent starter Jason Hammel following the sudden passing of Yordano Ventura.
- Speaking of Ventura, Danny Duffy is buying memorabilia of his fallen teammate to give to Yordano’s mother. While the gesture is heartwarming, it can’t help but tear you to pieces at the same time.
- Kansas City is also interested in Jason Hammel, because he’s the newest hot commodity.
- Major League Baseball has ruled a punishment of two picks and a $2 million dollar fine against the Cardinals after St. Louis illegally hacked into the Astros’ internal database.
- Honestly...is that even a suitable punishment?
- The Mets are interested in trading for Vizcaino.
- The Blue Jays and White Sox are in talks for the potential of a David Robertson deal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 31st, 2008, Pedro Feliz and the Phillies come to terms on an $8.5 million, two-year contract.