The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Happy Hump Day, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the National League Central.
- Need a good resolution for 2017? Maybe borrow one from your favorite Major League Baseball team (like that whole not cheating thing).
- Let’s get excited about the year Oakland is going to (hopefully) have!
- The Nationals are considering an extension for Dusty Baker because there is finally some good in the world.
- Baltimore is considering Pedro Alvarez.
- This is the only Hall of Fame ballot that matters, so carry on.
- The 2016-2017 offseason hasn’t been the most exciting one we’ve seen. Here’s whose winning, whose losing, and those burning questions that no one can seem to answer.
- Cincinnati signs Drew Storen because closers are totally in vogue now.
- The Giants are interested in Korean free agent Hwang Jae-gyun.
- If your favorite team is looking for a catcher, feel free to direct them to this Target bargain bin of guys who can kinda sorta play behind the plate.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 4th, 1942, Rogers Hornsby becomes the 14th player selected to the Hall of Fame.