The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans! We’re in red alert because the stove is PIPING. I’m gonna make some s’more while I wait for someone to make a move.
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the American League East.
- Rajai Davis has signed a 1-year, $6M contract with Oakland. My deepest condolences, Cleveland fans.
- Taking the Braves’ lead, the Phillies are super into vintage now. Philadelphia is down to add some veteran bats to their roster, because that would be totally groovy, man.
- The Nationals are considering an extension for Dusty Baker because there is finally some good in the world.
- The Royals and Cardinals are conspiring to heat things up with a Matt Adams swap.
- This is the only Hall of Fame ballot that matters, so carry on.
- The Dodgers need Brian Dozier more than the Twins, sorry not sorry.
- Cincinnati signs Drew Storen because closers are totally in vogue now.
- The Giants are interested in Korean free agent Hwang Jae-gyun.
- The Rangers are pursuing Tyson Ross as aggressively as that person who accidently took your coffee order and is now walking out the door. Yes, that urgent.
- Not satisfied with Rajai, the Athletics have joined the Mark Trumbo Interest Circus.
- The White Sox are engaging in trade talks for Jose Quintana again, which is totally brand new information that has both shocked and stunned us all.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 5th, 2001, the Mariners sign Ichiro Suzuki to a three-year, $14,088,000, deal. The rest, my friends, is history.