The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
TGIF, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of everything going on in the National League East.
- Rajai Davis has signed a 1-year, $6M contract with Oakland. My deepest condolences, Cleveland fans.
- Taking the Braves’ lead, the Phillies are super into vintage now. Philadelphia is down to add some veteran bats to their roster, because that would be totally groovy, man.
- Brandon Phillips blocked a trade to the Braves. Maybe he thought they were insulting his age.
- The Royals and Cardinals are conspiring to heat things up with a Matt Adams swap.
- Oakland already has a Mark Trumbo on their roster except his name is Khris Davis and he’s a completely different person...but not really.
- The Dodgers need Brian Dozier more than the Twins, sorry not sorry.
- There needs to be a bowl game at Wrigley, ASAP.
- Philadelphia has risen as a shy and low key team that Ryan Braun could be on next season.
- The Rangers are pursuing Tyson Ross as aggressively as that person who accidently took your coffee order and is now walking out the door. Yes, that urgent.
- Not satisfied with Rajai, the Athletics have joined the Mark Trumbo Interest Circus.
- The White Sox are engaging in trade talks for Jose Quintana again, which is totally brand new information that has both shocked and stunned us all.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 6th, 2015, Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, Craig Biggio, and John Smoltz are elected into the Hall of Fame.