Oh great, now the Braves are interested in Brian Dozier. The Twins second baseman has now attracted the attention of Atlanta, among good company with the Giants, Nationals, and Dodgers. What will be expended if this trade is sealed? Young arms. Because what else were you expecting?
Here’s what else is happening around the American League Central:
- The Twins are shuffling around some managerial positions in their minor league system.
- Finally, some good news out of Detroit: Jordan Zimmerman is pain free and ready to be a force for the Tigers in 2017.
- The market for pawning off a third baseman isn’t exactly piping hot, just ask the White Sox.
- The Indians have officially signed Edwin Encarnacion, so let’s latch onto that excitement to carry us to the next big offseason news.
- The White Sox have claimed Willy Garcia off of waivers from the Pirates while DFA’ing outfielder Jason Coats.
- The Royals have signed a slew of minor leaguers that would have been an absolute killing of a deal like, five years ago.
- Let’s take a look at the Twins payroll for 2017.
- Meet your Number One Cleveland Prospect, Francisco Mejia.
- J.D. Martinez is in shape and more than ready for baseball season.
- The Royals are reportedly interested in acquiring Aaron Hill.
- Chicago is reuniting with Geovany Soto, so dig up those vintage White Sox jerseys and rejoice.
- The Tigers are still scouring the bargain aisle looking for a decent center fielder.
- Cleveland’s farm system is about to get a healthy dose of revitalization at the hands of their fresh new director.
- The Royals have acquired Nathan Karns from the Mariners in exchange for Jarrod Dyson.