The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! We hope you all had a restful weekend and are ready to (hopefully) feel the warmth of a burnin’ stove.
Here’s a roundup of all the news going on around the National League Central.
- The Braves and Royals are interested in free agent Aaron Hill.
- Taking the Braves’ lead, the Phillies are super into vintage now. Philadelphia is down to add some veteran bats to their roster, because that would be totally groovy, man.
- Brandon Phillips blocked a trade to the Braves. Maybe he thought they were insulting his age.
- The Royals and Cardinals are conspiring to heat things up with a Matt Adams swap.
- A very sneaky, very quiet trade was made over the weekend at the hands of the Mariners. Also, why?
- The Dodgers need Brian Dozier more than the Twins, sorry not sorry.
- Or even Atlanta, who has now emerged from the shadows to compete in the Dozier Ring.
- The Padres are on the lookout for cheap arms, because who isn’t at this point?
- Philadelphia has risen as a shy and low key team that Ryan Braun could be on next season.
- The Rangers are pursuing Tyson Ross as aggressively as that person who accidently took your coffee order and is now walking out the door. Yes, that urgent.
- The Yankees are reportedly interested in signing Jason Hammel, which is a new one.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On January 9th, 2010, free agent Scott Podsednik comes to terms with the Royals on a $1.75 million, one-year contract.