The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people suffering. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey. Hurricane Irma was no better. Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- Ranking every MLB team’s best free agent signing of 2017.
- Giancarlo Stanton is available, but may not be worth the risk.
- Joe Girardi learned the hardest lesson of the 2017 postseason.
- The Twins have signed Paul Molitor to a 3-year extension.
- Ranking every MLB team’s worst free agent signing of 2017.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- Cody Bellinger dove into the Dodgers’ dugout for another amazing catch of the 2017 postseason.
- Yasiel Puig licked his bat and then made a face when he realized it tasted like bat and not waffles (assuming he was hoping it was waffles).
- The Cardinals may shop Randal Grichuk this offseason.
- The Mets are looking at Yankees’ Joe Girardi as a potential candidate to fill the Terry Collins shaped hole in Flushing. The real question is—will the binder be offered a contract as well?
- A Cleveland fan went into labor during ALDS Game 1 so she included a nod to Trevor Bauer in the baby’s name.
- Here’s your one stop shop for the MLB playoffs schedule, scores & bracket, whatever you could possibly need.
- The Astros advance to ALCS with close Game 4 win over Red Sox.
- Aaron Judge took a home run away from Zach Hample, Scourge of Baseball.
- Angels’ Justin Upton is ‘increasingly likely’ to opt out and become free agent.
- Bill Murray returned to Wrigley Field to sing ‘Take Me Out to the Ballgame’ with his brother Joel.
- The 2017 Astros are a beautiful fit for the city of Houston.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1999, the Red Sox establish a major league record for most runs and biggest margin of victory in a postseason game as they decimate Cleveland, 23-7.