Postseason baseball is a cruel mistress. While the Diamondbacks head home, the Dodgers head to the NL Championship Series with a lot of momentum and a really strong starting lineup. Now that Yu Darvish has finally found his place in Los Angeles, he’s proven to not only be the best trade deadline deal, but a vital part of the Dodgers making a run for the World Series. What will happen when they meet with their yet-to-be-determined opponent? One thing is certain, it’ll be entertaining. The Dodgers are proving that regular season slides don’t have to translate into postseason results.
Here’s what news and rumors are going down across the National League West:
- These are the projected salaries for the six arbitration-eligible Giants.
- Hot take alert: Jonathan Lucroy should be the Rockies re-signing priority.
- Yu Darvish is seeing his adjustments pay off and got his groove back just in time.
- When the temperature get cold, the stove gets hot: Here’s the case for and (mostly) against resigning J.D. Martinez.
- Why you should care about the Arizona Fall League.
- It’s never too early to dream, right? The Giants take high school right-hander Ethan Hankins in Baseball America’s first 2018 mock draft.
- Nolan Arenado is on a Hall of Fame trajectory.
- The Dodgers get to set up an NLCS starting rotation—unlike their opponent.
- It’s arbitration time again for the Arizona Diamondbacks so get your calculators ready.
- The postseason can be very stressful so look at these cool pumpkins.
- The Giants are probably set with the rotation and it doesn’t have to be a horrible thing.
- These are the Rockies free agents and players with options. May the odds be ever in your favor.