The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people suffering. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey. Hurricane Irma was no better. Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League West.
- Ranking every MLB team’s best free agent signing of 2017.
- The Red Sox have fired manager John Farrell.
- Meet the Dolly Vardens, Philadelphia’s 19th-century all-Black women baseball teams.
- The Twins have signed Paul Molitor to a 3-year extension.
- Ranking every MLB team’s worst free agent signing of 2017.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- Rockies’ closer Greg Holland has declined his player option for 2018 and will hit the free agent market.
- Did the umps totally blow this interference call last night?
- The Cardinals may shop Randal Grichuk this offseason.
- It’s absolutely hatemazing that the Yankees never really had to rebuild.
- MLB, the Yankees, and the state of New York are sending a supply plane to Puerto Rico.
- Here’s your one stop shop for the MLB playoffs schedule, scores & bracket, whatever you could possibly need.
- Did you know the adorable new Porg from ‘Star Wars’ has extremely reasonable sports takes? See for yourself.
- Consistency in pitching is overrated.
- The 2017 Astros are a beautiful fit for the city of Houston.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2006, Mark Kiger becomes the first player in history to make his big league debut during the postseason.