Fredi Gonzalez is emerging as a ‘favorite’ to manage the Tigers, as reported by John Perrotto of FanRag Sports. The former Marlins manager and current third base coach has extensive leadership experience in the league and is known for being hands on with his players.
The Tigers are going to looking at having a fresh crop of young players hit their roster over the next few seasons. This being a strong suite for Gonzalez, it’s no wonder Al Avila has him slated high for Detroit’s new skipper.
Here’s what other news and rumors are going down in the American League Central:
- Gabe Kapler is the bold choice for Detroit Tigers manager.
- A quick overview of Cleveland’s roster and where they can go from here.
- The Twins have hired Baseball America’s Editor-in-Chief to join their pro-scouting department.
- Jeremy Guthrie teaches baseball to kids in Nigeria.
- Which White Sox players had luck on their side in 2017?
- Did Brad Ausmus get a fair shake in Detroit?
- What was wrong with Corey Kluber’s mechanics during the ALDS?
- Comparing 2017 pre-season predictions to the Twins’ actual 2017 season. It’s not as sad as it sounds, seriously.
- Don’t get fooled by Royals minor league stats (spoiler: stats can lie).
- The Twins don’t need to sign a top reliever this off-season.
- Is a Salvador Perez move to first base inevitable?