The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- Ranking every MLB team’s best free agent signing of 2017.
- The Nationals have fired manager Dusty Baker, probably just shot themselves in the foot.
- The Mets have hired Mickey Callaway as the team’s newest skipper.
- Red Sox’ Eduardo Rodriguez has undergone knee surgery.
- Ranking every MLB team’s worst free agent signing of 2017.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- The Astros are going to the World Series, so let’s celebrate that incredible Alex Bregman throw.
- The Tigers intend to hire Ron Gardenhire as their manager.
- The Twins will decline Glen Perkins' 2018 club option.
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- A-Rod put a Yankees jacket on David Ortiz. Big Papi probably immediately took a shower.
- Rockies’ closer Greg Holland has declined his player option for 2018 and will hit the free agent market.
- Red Sox’ Hanley Ramirez has undergone shoulder surgery but should be ready in time for next season.
- The Red Sox have offered their open managerial position to Alex Cora.
- Corey Seager is expected to return to Dodgers for World Series.
- Didi Gregorius has shown himself to be a real extension candidate.
- Aaron Judge set a record for postseason strikeouts in the Yankees Game 7 loss.
- How is World Series homefield advantage now determined?
- Michael A. Taylor showed a national audience the power in his bat.
- Where do the Cubs go from here?
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1993, Mike Piazza is the BBWAA's unanimous choice for the Rookie of the Year award in the National League. Not bad for the 62nd round, huh?