The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- Ranking every MLB team’s best free agent signing of 2017.
- The Phillies are ‘zeroing in’ on Dusty Wathan as the team’s next manager.
- The Mets have hired Mickey Callaway as the team’s newest skipper.
- Ranking the 10 best mid-season trades of 2017.
- Braves have exercised their option on Tyler Flowers but have declined option on R.A. Dickey.
- Ranking every MLB team’s worst free agent signing of 2017.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- Dustin Pedroia will miss two months after knee surgery.
- The Tigers have hired Ron Gardenhire as their manager.
- Rangers' Matt Bush has undergone shoulder surgery.
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- Check out these highlights from the Astros’ World Series Game 2 win over the Dodgers.
- Rockies’ closer Greg Holland has declined his player option for 2018 and will hit the free agent market.
- The YouTube ad behind home plate at the World Series is driving all of us bonkers.
- The Red Sox have hired to Alex Cora as the team’s new manager.
- ESPN forgot the White Sox won the 2005 World Series...again.
- Cameron Maybin stole a base in the World Series, so everybody gets free tacos.
- Bullpens are going to decide the 2017 World Series, but we already knew that.
- Magic Johnson swung by FOX’s World Series pregame show and David Ortiz grilled him about LeBron to the Lakers.
- Imagining a double-elimination MLB Postseason.
- How Chris Taylor went from forgettable shortstop to NLCS co-MVP.
Need a cute couples costume with your sports loving sweetheart this Halloween? Look no further, we’ve got you covered.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1982, the Phillies' 37 year-old lefty Steve Carlton wins the Cy Young Award for the fourth time.