The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- The Royals have denied the Braves permission to interview Dayton Moore.
- Ranking every MLB team’s best free agent signing of 2017.
- The Phillies are ‘zeroing in’ on Dusty Wathan as the team’s next manager.
- The Giants are the 'early favorites' to acquire Giancarlo Stanton. In other words, Derek Jeter wasn’t playing with us.
- Ranking the 10 best mid-season trades of 2017.
- Highlights from the Astros’ World Series Game 3 win over the Dodgers.
- Ranking every MLB team’s worst free agent signing of 2017.
- The Brewers have signed Chase Anderson to a 2-year extension.
- These 10 Halloween costume ideas are perfect for the baseball inclined couple and will make sure you’re the least basic ones at the party.
- These are the worst commercials of the 2017 MLB postseason. And seriously, we mean the worst.
- The Yankees have parted ways with skipper Joe Girardi just a few days shy of his ten year anniversary with the team.
- Rangers' Matt Bush has undergone shoulder surgery.
- Ranking the worst mid-season trades of 2017
- .Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- Yuli Gurriel apologizes for mocking Yu Darvish with racist gesture during World Series Game 3.
- Rockies’ closer Greg Holland has declined his player option for 2018 and will hit the free agent market.
- These are the five best single game pitching performances in World Series history.
- The Red Sox have hired to Alex Cora as the team’s new manager.
- Here are your 2017 Gold Glove finalists. Don’t all boo at once.
- Cameron Maybin stole a base in the World Series, so everybody gets free tacos.
- Astros manager A.J. Hinch reportedly fought some people in a hotel bar after Game 1.
- The Yankees will be contenders for years.
- Dallas Keuchel believes MLB's baseballs are juiced (and he doesn't care).
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2012, Clayton Kershaw is named the recipient of the 2012 Roberto Clemente Award.