The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and Happy November, baseball fans!
Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- The Marlins will try to trade Giancarlo Stanton, Dee Gordon and Martin Prado this offseason.
- The Tigers have declined their option on Anibal Sanchez.
- Red Sox' Dustin Pedroia will miss the first two months of the season following his knee surgery.
- The Giants are the 'early favorites' to acquire Giancarlo Stanton. In other words, Derek Jeter wasn’t playing with us.
- Ranking the 10 best mid-season trades of 2017.
- Rangers' pitcher Matt Bush has undergone shoulder surgery.
- Dodger greats Tommy Lasorda and Orel Hershiser threw out the ceremonial first pitch for Game 6.
- The baseballs are juiced, or they're slick, or they're both.
- Ranking every MLB team’s worst free agent signing of 2017.
- Matt Stairs has been hired to be the Padres hitting coach.
- These are the worst commercials of the 2017 MLB postseason. And seriously, we mean the worst.
- Dodgers force a Game 7 in LA with Game 6 win over the Astros.
- The Phillies have hired Gabe Kapler as their new skipper.
- Ranking the worst mid-season trades of 2017.
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- A local artist turned this South LA house into a Dodgers billboard.
- 2017 was the year of the immaculate inning in MLB. This is why.
- The Astros and Dodgers broke the game of baseball into a million pieces.
- Rockies’ closer Greg Holland has declined his player option for 2018 and will hit the free agent market.
- The best (and worst) athlete Halloween costumes of 2017.
- What’s with all the managerial firings?
- Breaking down the home run revolution by position.
- Cameron Maybin stole a base in the World Series, so everybody gets free tacos.
- Who should the Yankees trade during the offseason?.
- If the balls are juiced, the Dodgers should be maddest.
- Why the first World Series went to Game 8.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2007, Dodgers hire Brooklyn-born Joe Torre as their 26th manager in franchise history.