The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
We continue to mourn the loss of one of baseball’s greats, Roy Halladay. Let’s remember him for the dynamic, enthralling, and dedicated pitcher who played the game with nothing but love.
Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- The Marlins will try to trade Giancarlo Stanton, Dee Gordon and Martin Prado this offseason.
- Roy Halladay’s Twitter offers an unexpected, poignant way to remember the baseball great.
- Red Sox top catching prospect Daniel Flores dies at 17 due to cancer related complications.
- .What moves could the Mets make this winter?
- Now that free agency is officially in full swing, check out the players that have received qualifying offers from their teams.
- Will the Athletics try to compete in 2018 by going all in this offseason?
- J.D. Martinez is seeking a $200 million deal this offseason. Get in line buddy, cause so am I.
- The Cardinals are set to be a big contender for Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton this offseason.
- The Mets are set to exercise Asdrubal Cabrera’s 2018 club option.
- Jay Bruce is reportedly seeking a five-year deal in $80-90 million range.
- All of the options that have been declined or picked up this MLB offseason.
- What moves could the Braves make this winter?
- How MLB’s expired posting system may delay Shohei Ohtani’s arrival.
- The Orioles are interested in Andrew Cashner and Jason Vargas.
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- Scott Boras is just reminding you how negotiations work, because I guess we all forgot and needed a refresher? He’s really doing us all a great service.
- These options are what everyone should be keeping an eye on this offseason.
- The Athletics are interested in Christian Yelich and Marcell Ozuna.
- The Dodgers have exercised their option on Logan Forsythe.
- The Blue Jays, Giants, Cardinals and Mariners could all pursue Jay Bruce this offseason.
- What are qualifying offers and how do they work? Here’s a primer on everything you should know about how the new CBA has changed the qualifying offer system.
- In memory of Roy Halladay, one of baseball’s greats.
- A minor-league clubhouse gave Steve Clevenger a second chance in the wake of offensive tweets.
- The best MLB free agents from 2012-2013 are a sobering reminder for everyone
- The Rockies will make a long-term play for Greg Holland.
- The Giants have expressed interest in Cubs' Jason Heyward.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017 MLB Manager Carousel Tracker
2017 MLB Options Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, the Athletics acquire David DeJesus from the Royals for right-hander Vin Mazzaro.