The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
We continue to mourn the loss of one of baseball’s greats, Roy Halladay. Let’s remember him for the dynamic, enthralling, and dedicated pitcher who played the game with nothing but love.
Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
- The Mets have shown interest in big time free agent Carlos Santana.
- The Giants are interested in Reds' outfielder Billy Hamilton.
- Here are the biggest storylines of the 2017 MLB off-season.
- The Dodgers are now officially in the Giancarlo Stanton sweepstakes mix.
- Both the Cubs and Dodgers are interested in Orioles' closer Zach Britton. Let’s all pretend to be shocked.
- Now that free agency is officially in full swing, check out the players that have received qualifying offers from their teams.
- After last season’s postseason appearance, how will the Diamondbacks more forward this offseason?
- The Mariners have expressed interest in free agent first baseman Carlos Santana.
- A little lost on baseball happenings this time of the year? Fear not, we’ve got everything you need to know about the GM Meetings happening this week.
- The Blue Jays and Mets are both vying for centerfield help in the form of Lorenzo Cain.
- What, if any, moves could the Cubs make this offseason?
- The Cardinals could pursue Yu Darvish and Jake Arrieta this offseason.
- The Yankees have a 2017 season that they were not originally destined for. Will this rebuild continue into the winter or will New York pump the breaks now?
- After twenty years and a World Series ring, Carlos Beltran has announced his retirement.
- Here’s what to watch for this offseason while we impatiently await baseball’s return in the spring.
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- The Padres are looking into signing free agent first baseman Eric Hosmer.
- These options are what everyone should be keeping an eye on this offseason.
- Jay Bruce is interested in the Rangers and Astros as potential destinations for next season.
- Here’s a look at what the Brewers could do this offseason.
- The Giants are interested in Red Sox’ outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr.
- What are qualifying offers and how do they work? Here’s a primer on everything you should know about how the new CBA has changed the qualifying offer system.
- The Twins are now prioritizing acquiring Yu Darvish over Jake Arrieta.
- The Braves have hired Alex Anthopoulos as their new general manager.
- .A minor-league clubhouse gave Steve Clevenger a second chance in the wake of offensive tweets.
- The MLB Rookie of the Year winners are exactly who you think they are. Get your best “shocked” faces on, everyone.
- The Twins had a 2017 season that blew everyone out of the water. So where do they go from here?
- The Cardinals are going to shake up their system this winter.
- Here’s a look at what the Rangers could do this offseason.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017 MLB Manager Carousel Tracker
2017 MLB Options Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, Justin Verlander wins the American League Cy Young Award.