The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
The Giancarlo Stanton trade buzz will keep the hot stove stifling this offseason. Follow along with the latest rumors with our story stream here.
- The Giants and Pirates have discussed a deal for Andrew McCutchen.
- Is there a hot stove term you’ve just been nodding alone with in agree for the past few offseason? Not even totally sure what this stove is that everyone is talking about? Check out our hot stove glossary and never be caught off guard again.
- The Yankees have interviewed Carlos Beltran for manager job, the 6th
fighter in the arenacandidate for the vacancy.
- Minnesota is not joking around when it comes to its pitching staff next season, going after both Darivsh and Ohtani.
- The Blue Jays and Braves have discussed a potential Nick Markakis deal.
- Two ~ mystery ~ teams have made offers to reliever Bryan Shaw. I love the smell of a good mystery team in the morning.
- Gather around the stove everyone because both the Astros and Mets are pursuing closer Mike Minor.
- Oh no, the stove could spontaneously combust at a moment’s notice. The Marlins may force Giancarlo Stanton to accept a deal. That’s not making baseball fun again.
- The Rangers are still showing interest in both Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn.
- The Braves are actively shopping Matt Adams, who could end up being dealt by Friday.
- Another winter contract in the books! The Athletics have signed Yusmeiro Petit to a 2-year deal.
- The Nationals are interested in working out a Jordan Zimmermann trade with the Tigers.
- The New York Mets are currently considering first baseman Adam Lind.
- The 2017 Giants are so depressing they lost an award they basically created for themselves.
- Giancarlo Stanton has submitted his priority list of teams, though no trade appears close.
- Joe Morgan’s letter reminded us how silly it is to keep PED users out of the Hall of Fame.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, Troy Tulowitzki and the Rockies agree to a seven-year extension that guarantees him $157.75M. Let’s all laugh together.