The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and Happy November, baseball fans!
The Houston Astros are your 2017 World Series Champions!
Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- The Marlins will try to trade Giancarlo Stanton, Dee Gordon and Martin Prado this offseason.
- Red Sox have exercised team options on Chris Sale and Craig Kimbrel. Very bold move by them, in my humble opinion.
- The Athletics have exercised their team option on Jed Lowrie.
- The Nationals and Adam Lind decline mutual option.
- Yankees’ ace Masahiro Tanaka will not opt out of his option for 2018.
- Ranking the 10 best mid-season trades of 2017.
- Cleveland will exercise their team options on Michale Brantley and Josh Tomlin.
- Here’s a look at what moves the Detroit Tigers could make this offseason.
- The Mets are set to exercise Asdrubal Cabrera’s 2018 club option.
- Seattle Mariners hire Dr. Lorena Martin as Director of High Performance.
- The Mariners have declined options on Yovani Gallardo and Hisashi Iwakuma.
- Surprise, surprise, Matt Wieters will exercise his 2018 player option.
- The Phillies have hired Gabe Kapler as their new skipper.
- Ranking the worst mid-season trades of 2017.
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- Highlights from Houston celebrating a World Series title.
- These options are what everyone should be keeping an eye on this offseason.
- Rockies’ closer Greg Holland has declined his player option for 2018 and will hit the free agent market.
- The Angels have signed Justin Upton to 5-year, $106 million deal.
- Royals’ reliever Mike Minor has declined his mutual option with the team and will be highly sought after in the free agent market this winter.
- Breaking down the home run revolution by position.
- Here’s a look at what moves the San Francisco Giants could make during the winter months.
- Who should the Yankees trade during the offseason?
- The Astros' George Springer is World Series MVP and an inspiration to kids who stutter.
- The Marlins have declined Ichiro Suzuki’s option, are made of pure evil.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1965, Sandy Koufax wins the Cy Young Award.