The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and Happy November, baseball fans!
Here’s how A’s pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands that you can contribute to. Here’s how you can help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
Bay Area teams and athletes are donating to North Bay wildfire relief. Here’s how you can help those touched by the devastation.
- The Marlins will try to trade Giancarlo Stanton, Dee Gordon and Martin Prado this offseason.
- The Blue Jays are likely to pursue Jay Bruce this offseason.
- The Athletics have exercised their team option on Jed Lowrie.
- The Nationals and Adam Lind decline mutual option.
- Yankees’ ace Masahiro Tanaka will not opt out of his option for 2018.
- Ranking the 10 best mid-season trades of 2017.
- Cleveland will exercise their team options on Michale Brantley and Josh Tomlin.
- Here’s a look at what moves the Detroit Tigers could make this offseason.
- The Mets are set to exercise Asdrubal Cabrera’s 2018 club option.
- Seattle Mariners hire Dr. Lorena Martin as Director of High Performance.
- The Mariners have declined options on Yovani Gallardo and Hisashi Iwakuma.
- Surprise, surprise, Matt Wieters will exercise his 2018 player option.
- Giants’ pitcher Johnny Cueto will not opt out of his contract.
- .Ranking the worst mid-season trades of 2017.
- Ever wonder what would have happened if the Yankees traded Derek Jeter in 1996? Our good friends at Out of the Park Baseball simulation that scenario for us and the results are pretty shocking (and depending who you root for, depressing).
- Highlights from Houston celebrating a World Series title.
- These options are what everyone should be keeping an eye on this offseason.
- Rockies’ closer Greg Holland has declined his player option for 2018 and will hit the free agent market.
- The Angels have signed Justin Upton to 5-year, $106 million deal.
- Royals’ reliever Mike Minor has declined his mutual option with the team and will be highly sought after in the free agent market this winter.
- What are qualifying offers and how do they work?
- Here’s a look at what moves the San Francisco Giants could make during the winter months.
- Astros fans helped someone get their hat back by throwing it up a parking garage because baseball is grand.
- This Astros parade float wins the World Series of nightmares.
- The Marlins have declined Ichiro Suzuki’s option, are made of pure evil.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2014, Paul Molitor is introduced as the Twins' 13th manager.