The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
- THE STOVE IS FLAMING HOT, EVERYONE: the Yankees have acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins.
- NOBODY PANIC EXCEPT EVERYONE CAN PANIC (and also exhale) because Shohei Ohtani has officially signed with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
- The Yankees are interested in Cubs' utility man Kyle Schwarber.
- The Cubs have signed Tyler Chatwood to a 3-year deal.
- The Red Sox are interested in Kyle Schwarber.
- Every deal has a downfall. These are the winners and losers of the Giancarlo Stanton trade to Yankees.
- The Orioles are receiving their fair share of calls for Manny Machado, who is drawing a good chunk of trade interest this winter.
- The Cubs have signed Brandon Morrow.
- After having him for like, twenty seconds, the Marlins may flip Starlin Castro.
- Everyone loves a good homecoming, and that’s just what the Rockies are getting, signing Chris Iannetta to a 2-year deal.
- The Giants are interested in Brewers’ Domingo Santana.
- The Mets are interested in Ian Kinsler and Jason Kipnis.
- The Cardinals have signed Luke Gregerson to a 2-year deal.
- Alan Trammell and Jack Morris have been elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Japanese RHP Kazuhisa Makita will be posted to MLB in December
- How will Shohei Ohtani fit into the Angels’ lineup?
- Who will spend too much for free agent Eric Hosmer?
- Glad you asked! Right now it’s probably the Padres who will shell out all sorts of money for those good ol’ intangibles.
- Both the Blue Jays and the Mets are interested in Pirates’ Josh Harrison.
- The Mariners did everything they could to sign Shohei Ohtani, and fell short.
- Now the MLB offseason can really get rolling, amiright?
- Trading Giancarlo Stanton isn’t the end of the Marlins’ payroll cuts.
- Let’s guess what the Cubs put in their VR pitch to Shohei Ohtani.
- Dee Gordon can definitely play center field, unless he can’t.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1951, Joe DiMaggio retires from baseball.