The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here.
- The Yankees have traded Bryan Mitchell and Headley to the Padres.
- Shocker: The Yankees have preliminary interest in both Michael Fulmer and Patrick Corbin, which is fancy talk for Brian Cashman shrugging and going, “meh, if I’m bored.”
- The Rockies and Cardinals are both aggressively pursuing Alex Colome.
- The Mets are willing to trade Matt Harvey.
- The Red Sox are interested in Kyle Schwarber.
- The Orioles are shopping Manny Machado, who nows wants to play shortstop, so follow your dreams kiddos.
- The Padres now have traction in Eric Hosmer talks, but do they have the money?
- Both the Nationals and Phillies are officially in on Jake Arrieta.
- The Padres have traded Ryan Schimpf to the Rays
- The Cardinals have pulled ahead to be the favorites to land Marlins' Marcell Ozuna.
- How the tables have turned. The Astros are interested in Yu Darvish.
- The Cardinals are interested in Manny Machado because duh.
- The Cardinals have signed Luke Gregerson to a 2-year deal.
- The Phillies are in talks with Addison Reed.
- The Padres and Rangers are now both in on Carlos Santana.
- The Cardinals and Rockies are now both in on Wade Davis.
- The Tigers are getting closer and closer to trading Ian Kinsler.
- The Red Sox, amongst others are set to meet with J.D. Martinez.
- The Cardinals and Blue Jays have discussed Josh Donaldson and it appears they both agree he’s a lovely young man.
- No slowing the Cash Man down now. The Yankees are interested in Gerrit Cole.
- The Mets and Rangers have discussed a deal that swaps Matt Harvey for Jurickson Profar.
- The Padres are focused on Zack Cozart and Freddy Galvis.
- The Giants and Reds are now discussing Billy Hamilton.
- Another one in the books: the Cubs have signed Drew Smyly to a 2-year deal.
- The Rangers and Diamondbacks are discussing Zack Greinke.
- Rejoice, Philadelphia. The Phillies have signed Neshek to a 2-year deal.
- The Phillies have interest in a Manny Machado trade.
- Good news moves fast, I suppose. The Orioles and Mets are discussing a potential Matt Harvey deal.
- The Nationals, Cardinals, and Giants are all in on Marlins’ Marcell Ozuna.
- The Mets, Rockies, Blue Jays, and Mariners are all in on Jay Bruce. Bet you never thought you’d read that sentence.
- The Rockies and Bryan Shaw have agreed to a 3-year contract.
- The Phillies have signed Tommy Hunter to a 2-year deal.
- The Athletics are focused on Stephen Piscotty.
- Trouble in paradise or just a blip in the road? Angels’ Shohei Ohtani has a damaged UCL, everyone please remain calm.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2009, the Blue Jays announced signing Jose Bautista to a one-year deal worth $2.4 million.